Oh my so much to do!
First step with the wedding was figuring out what we actually needed to do. So, in my usual fashion, i cracked open excel and started a spreadsheet, well multiple spreadsheets actually!
- guest list - ceremony, day, evening, addresses, hen and stag invites, number of invites, invites we can delivery by hand (save on the stamps!)
- general costs - sundries (blank invitations, decorations, cake ingredients, stamps, flowers for bouquet etc), essentials (dress, rings, photographer etc), big spend (venue, food, drink, dj etc)
- specific venue costs - compare and contrast venues to see which is best value
- to do list - totally epic, currently at 127 items - eeek!!!
- We've decided to not go on honeymoon right away, we're going to go on a minimoon to London instead for a few nights and then go on a couple of short, 1 week holidays instead of a full epic honeymoon, it just suits our lives and likes a bit better.
- We're asking for money for the honeymoon instead of gifts.
- I've decided to DIY everything i can; print my own invites, place setting, favours, bouquet, button holes, cake, centrepieces, guest book, confetti, gift letter box - many posts to follow!
- My friend H has kindly offered her photography services as a gift as has my friend J with her makeup skills.
- Lovely BM's friend is doing the catering, a friend of a friend will be the DJ and lovely BM's dad will be our chauffeur on the day in his vintage Mercedes.
- Ive decided on no bridesmaids (much to the disappointment of my friend L!)
- Lovely BM is having a best man and ushers, but they wont be in matching suits, im going to buy them all matching ties instead.
- I've bought a dress and shoes (more on that to follow) and we've ordered our rings (love them!)