Saturday, 8 March 2014
Thursday, 6 March 2014
Oh my so much to do!
First step with the wedding was figuring out what we actually needed to do. So, in my usual fashion, i cracked open excel and started a spreadsheet, well multiple spreadsheets actually!
- guest list - ceremony, day, evening, addresses, hen and stag invites, number of invites, invites we can delivery by hand (save on the stamps!)
- general costs - sundries (blank invitations, decorations, cake ingredients, stamps, flowers for bouquet etc), essentials (dress, rings, photographer etc), big spend (venue, food, drink, dj etc)
- specific venue costs - compare and contrast venues to see which is best value
- to do list - totally epic, currently at 127 items - eeek!!!
- We've decided to not go on honeymoon right away, we're going to go on a minimoon to London instead for a few nights and then go on a couple of short, 1 week holidays instead of a full epic honeymoon, it just suits our lives and likes a bit better.
- We're asking for money for the honeymoon instead of gifts.
- I've decided to DIY everything i can; print my own invites, place setting, favours, bouquet, button holes, cake, centrepieces, guest book, confetti, gift letter box - many posts to follow!
- My friend H has kindly offered her photography services as a gift as has my friend J with her makeup skills.
- Lovely BM's friend is doing the catering, a friend of a friend will be the DJ and lovely BM's dad will be our chauffeur on the day in his vintage Mercedes.
- Ive decided on no bridesmaids (much to the disappointment of my friend L!)
- Lovely BM is having a best man and ushers, but they wont be in matching suits, im going to buy them all matching ties instead.
- I've bought a dress and shoes (more on that to follow) and we've ordered our rings (love them!)
Tuesday, 4 March 2014
Im going to try and diy as much as i can, flowers, decorations, cake etc, and use family, friends and acquaintances in the business - if im spending a small fortune, id rather the money ended up in my friends pockets or at least the local economy.
But that exacerbates my choice issues, friends are so willing to do whatever you want, which is lovely and sweet, but also overwhelming, sometimes there only being one option (as long as its not awful!) is a godsend!
Choice also means cost, and my god theres a lot of cost :( almost enough to really take the buzz out of it all. Theres somethings we just wont or cant scrimp on, we want a lot (100+) guests so thats immediately big spend territory. We want at least a partial free bar, we want our dream wedding rings and we want everyone really well fed. So were looking at a £10k+ wedding already. £10k, for one day! Makes my brain (and my savings account) ache.
Weve been to most of our guests weddings and been treated wonderfully so i dont begrudge doing the same for them but my goodness the idea of handing over that money does keep me up at night...
Sorry to be so moany, i know were lucky that we can afford to do it, i should count my blessing.
But expect a lot of wedding posts (and possibly financial ones!) in next few months, were turning this wedding around fast as the provisional date in july 26th so its full steam ahead!
Saturday, 1 March 2014
Lovely BM and i made pizza (again!) last night and I think this was one of the best we've had so far!
Its Jamie Oliver's recipe for the base and the sauce then i topped mine with mozzarella, parma ham, peppers, sundried toms and pesto. (Lovely BM put so many toppings on his i lost count!). It was delicious, cooked on a pizza stone so it was crispy and light and just fab. I made it a bit big though (greedy!) so it was difficult to move it onto the pizza stone, which is why its a bit wonk looking!
Thursday, 27 February 2014
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
I made a selection of crochet baskets, to add to the craft fair selection. I basically used up my stash to make the grey and teal ones (sorry lovely BM youre not getting that scarf the grey wool was originally earmarked for!) but i bought some fabric wool for the neon green one. Its great stuff, less snuggly than wool but it makes a lovely heavy strong basket which i love. And if course the neon green is pretty special too!
Now fsale in my etsy shop :)
Sunday, 23 February 2014
Felt cookie kits!! Oh how i love these! Felt cookie, mini rolling pin, cutter, little icing bag, all stored in a bag made from a tea towel!! Love love love them!
For sale in my etsy shop :)
Along with the felt pizza i think i might try and expand into more felt/crochet food kits, a salad bowl maybe, build sandwiches or burgers, maybe a tea party one... Endless possibilities!
Friday, 21 February 2014
Lovely BM and i have received lots of 'congratulations on your engagement' bottles of bubbly recently and i always try to keep and recycle the gift bags they come in. So i thought why couldnt you also make wine bottle gifts bags from fabric to make them truly recyclable! I think the hessian ones are fab but the stripey ones are my fave, its a great way to use up your stash too
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
More felt pizzas, but smaller 8" ones this time. The big one i made for my niece wasnt that practical for her mum and dad! I just think theyre so adorable in their little pizza boxes :)
Now for sale in my etsy shop :)
Monday, 17 February 2014
I made some more of my watching over you feather pictures, hopefully to sell at a craft market, i did a couple of different colour themes, pale grey and gold letters and then dark grey and metallic silver letters, both work well with the white feathers and frames
For sale in my etsy shop :)